Just one day after releasing its spring practice schedule, the Massachusetts football team unveiled its 2014 regular season slate on Friday afternoon.
The Minutemen’s 12-game schedule includes non-conference matchups with major conference schools Penn State, Boston College, Vanderbilt and Colorado to go with its regular Mid-American Conference games. UMass opens the season Aug. 30 against the Eagles at Gillette Stadium, and makes its highly anticipated return to McGuirk Stadium Sept. 27 for a game against Bowling Green The other two games at McGuirk are against Ball State Nov. 12 and Buffalo Nov. 28. UMass also plays three weekday games, including a Wednesday night (Nov. 12 vs. Ball State) and Tuesday night (Nov. 18 at Akron) matchup.
The Minutemen enter their third season in the Football Bowl Subdivision and MAC in 2014, and its first under coach Mark Whipple after being led to consecutive 1-11 campaigns under Charley Molnar.
- Wednesday, April 16: UMass Spring Game (McGuirk Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Aug. 30: vs. Boston College (Gillette Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Sept. 6: vs. Colordada (Gillette Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Sept. 13: at Vanderbilt (Vanderbilt Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Sept. 20: at Penn State (Beaver Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Sept. 27: vs. Bowling Green (McGuirk Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Oct. 4: at Miami (Ohio) (Yager Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Oct. 11: at Kent State (Dix Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Oct. 18: vs. Eastern Michigan (Gillette Stadium, TBD)
- Saturday, Oct. 25: at Toledo (Glass Bowl, TBD)
- Wednesday, Nov. 12: vs Ball State (McGuirk Stadium, TBD)
- Tuesday, Nov. 18: at Akron (InfoCision Stadium–Summa Field, TBD)
- Saturday, Nov. 22: at Central Michigan (Kelly/Shorts Stadium, TBD)
- Friday, Nov. 28: vs. Buffalo (McGuirk Stadium, TBD)
Nick Canelas can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @NickCanelas.