Halftime thoughts: Temple 26, UMass 25

Cade Belisle/Collegian

Cade Belisle/Collegian

Timbilla’s board presence: With both teams struggling from the field rebounding has been key for both. Timbilla has taken seven down, with two on the offensive end. Add along her six points and Timbilla is putting  together a solid game, playing a majority of the first half. Her strength has been immense in settling the UMass defense and her size and length have quelled a number of Temple of attacks as she pulls in rebounds.

Shooters struggling: It hasn’t been a pretty game offensively. The Minutewomen have gone 11-of-34 from the field and Temple are no better at showing the Minutewomen up on their own court, shooting 9-of-33. Jasmine Watson has seen a pair of mid-range jumpers that have never been her shot go off target, while Cloutier’s 1-of-5 from three-point has left her with only two makes from six in the first half. Bomben has shone for the Minutewomen, dispatching three buckets from five including a half time buzzer-beater to bring the game within 1.

Temple taking threes: Three point shots has been the Owl’s main vehicle to scoring points. Shooting just over 30% on the year coming into the game, Temple has take 15 shots out of 33 from deep and sunk six of them. Tyonna Williams’ three makes have come from three, her only three field goals of the game. Rateska Brown is in the very same boat. With 18 of their 26 points in the game from the three point shot the Minutewomen will need to pressure the shooter when they come out of the locker room.

About these ads